Kabayan Capital Ltd t/as Kabayan Remit, a UK entity, is the parent company of a group providing money remittance services to the Filipino community in the UK, mainland Europe and North America. The Kabayan Remit Group has offices in the UK, Canada, the USA and the EU and a contact centre based in Manila, Philippines (“Group”).
Kabayan is a recognised brand in the Filipino community and the company uses direct marketing, attendance at cultural events and barrio fiestas etc. as well as digital marketing campaigns in order to promote the online remittance services. External agents are not used for any sales and payments are taken via online banking or by debit card only, no cash is accepted.
The purpose of this policy (“Policy”) is to ensure that customers understand the way to use the services of the Group and the activities which are prohibited. This Policy will assist customers to:
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements; and
- Comply with any behavioural/ethical requirements the Group imposes on its customers; and
- Comply with any Group third-party partner contractual requirements.
The Policy relates to all customers. It should be read in conjunction with the applicable:
- Customer Terms and Conditions; and
The Group committed to the highest standards of behaviour and ethical conduct; to that end, the Group outlines below the behaviours it expects of its’ customers and the behaviours that are not permitted. In the event that a customer’s behaviour does not meet the standards laid out in this Policy, the Group may take what it deems to be appropriate action; this could include suspension or termination of account (and withdrawal of services) up to and including making reports to regulators and law enforcement if required.
Generally, the services the Group offers to its’ customers may only be used for lawful purposes; in addition, there are some activities which, whilst lawful, the Group has decided it will not allow its platform to be used for. Customers may not use the Group services in a manner that:
Notwithstanding whether any of the below are technically lawful in the jurisdiction covered, the Group has decided that its’s services shall not be used to pay for or fund any of the following activities:
The Group expects its’ customers to not:
- Damage, disrupt or otherwise interfere with (or attempt any of these actions) any part of the operating system or services of the Group;
- Use their account in any way that is likely to result in complaints, issues or liabilities for the Group with any customer, business partner, third parties or regulators/law enforcement.
The Group will, in its’ absolute discretion, be responsible for determining if a customer has breached this Policy. In the event the Group determines there has been a breach of this Policy, it may take any or all of the following actions:
- Temporary suspension of the provision of services to the customer;
- Permanent suspension of the provision of services to the customer;
- Issue a “warning” that continued actions in breach of this Policy may result in any of the above;
- Report of activity to regulatory body/law enforcement as may be appropriate; and
- Legal action against the customer to recover any and all out-of-pocket expenses caused by the action of the customer in breach of this Policy (including but not limited to legal fees, management time, fines and loss of revenues caused by the activity or behaviour).
The Group may revise, update or otherwise amend this Policy at any time; it is available on our website and the Group recommends you regularly review the website for updates.
Review of this Policy (and associated policies and procedures) will take place on an annual basis. The Group Head of Compliance is responsible for reviews.