How to send money to Paymaya from the UK and Europe
If you’re in the UK, you can send money to Paymaya accounts in the Philippines as an alternative to international wire transfer or cash collection payment.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, everyone has become warier about who and what they get in contact with. Because of this, more businesses have gone digital, and shops now encourage contactless payments.
In the Philippines, digital wallets or e-wallets are becoming the most popular cashless payment option. It is a mobile app that allows users to make electronic payments from their phones in-store and online. It also allows users to manage their finances online even if they do not have a bank account.
Paymaya is one of the leading digital wallets in the Philippines, with more and more Filipinos signing up and using their services.
If you’re in the UK and have loved ones in the Philippines who actively use Paymaya, you can send money directly to their account. Here’s a detailed guide on how you can send money to Paymaya from the UK with Kabayan Remit.
How does Paymaya work?
Paymaya is a safe and secure digital wallet, which you can access through the free Paymaya mobile app.
You can use Paymaya to transfer money, pay bills, top-up mobile phones, pay in-store by QR code, and many more. It also comes with a virtual prepaid card that you can use to pay for online transactions and digital services.
You can also get a physical Mastercard/Visa card, which you can link to the mobile app. It is a handy option as you can use it in shops that accept debit and credit card payments or even withdraw cash locally or abroad.
Both virtual and physical cards are accessible on the mobile app so that you can view all your transactions online.
There are different ways to add money to a Paymaya account. If you’re in the Philippines, you can access over 40,000 touchpoints nationwide, including TouchPay kiosks, Smart Padala outlets, 7 Eleven, Ministop, and a lot more.
In the UK and soon in Europe, you can send money to Paymaya through Kabayan Remit.
How to open a Paymaya account?
It’s quick and easy to open an account with Paymaya. Just follow this step-by-step process:
- Download the Paymaya mobile app for iOS or Android.
- Once installed, click “Register”.
- Enter the required information on the form, including name, mobile number, email address and password. Then, click “Continue”.
- Review the terms and conditions, and click “Agree”.
- You will receive an SMS verification code on the mobile number you used to register. Enter the code on the mobile app, then tap “Proceed”.
That’s it! Your Paymaya account is ready.
You can also upgrade your account to access more features, send money to Paymaya users, withdraw cash, get higher monthly limits, and get a virtual prepaid card.
Here's how you can upgrade your Paymaya account:
- Log in to your Paymaya account.
- Once logged in, go to the menu and choose “Upgrade your account”.
- Fill out the required fields and upload a photo of either one (1) primary valid ID or two (2) secondary valid IDs. Make sure that the name and birthday you enter match the information on your ID.
- Record a video selfie by following the instructions on the screen.
- After recording, review the application details and click “Submit”.
- Your application will be reviewed. Once approved, you will get an SMS confirmation, and a green checkmark will appear on your profile right next to your icon and name.
How to send money to Paymaya from the UK & Europe?
Once your loved ones have successfully created an account with Paymaya, you can easily send money to their accounts from the UK and soon in Europe through Kabayan Remit. Here’s how:
Step 1: Sign up
- Go to the Kabayan Remit website or download the mobile app for iOS or Android.
- Go to “Register” and fill out the fields with your first name, last name and email, then tap “Create account”.
- You will receive an email with a verification link, and here, click “Set password”.
- Enter a new password and click “Set new password”.
- Once done, log in to your account and verify your profile by clicking on “Finish account setup”. Follow the instructions onscreen and get your account verified within minutes.
Once verified, you can start sending money to the Philippines anytime at your convenience.
Step 2: Add a beneficiary
- Log in to your Kabayan Remit account and go to “Beneficiaries”.
- On the upper left corner, click “Add beneficiary”.
- Select whether you’re sending to an “Individual” or “Corporate” Paymaya account. Then click “Next”.
- Enter the beneficiary’s personal and contact details. You don’t need to enter the bank information to send money to Paymaya accounts. Skip this step by clicking “Finish”.
Step 3: Send money to Paymaya account
- Log in to your account and tap “Send money”.
- Click the dropdown button for How do you want to send? And choose “Mobile e-wallet top-up”.
- Then, select “Smart Paymaya” as the Mobile Provider.
- Enter the mobile number registered with the Paymaya account you wish to send money to.
- Then, choose your preferred payment method on the dropdown menu for How do you want to pay?
- Enter the amount you wish to send, then click “Select beneficiary”.
- Choose the beneficiary you’re sending the funds to, then select a reason for your transfer. Click “Review transaction”.
- Review the details of the transaction, then click “Confirm & pay”.
Please note that you can send a maximum of Php 50,000 every time you create a transaction to top up a Paymaya account.
How will my beneficiary receive my Paymaya remittance?
Once you’ve paid for the transfer, the money will usually reach your beneficiary’s Paymaya account within an hour.
Your beneficiary can access the funds by logging in to their Paymaya mobile app.
When they receive the funds, they can start using the money for both in-store and online transactions.
Why send money to Paymaya?
It’s best to send money to Paymaya, especially if your beneficiary does not have a bank account. It’s also a more convenient option than cash collection. As all transactions are online, your beneficiary will no longer have to worry about leaving their home to collect the funds from an outlet.
Having a Paymaya account is also very similar to having access to online banking. Users can manage their finances and track their transactions digitally on the mobile app.
That’s why sending money to Paymaya with Kabayan Remit is as simple as doing an international wire transfer, but with a faster payout, much lower fees and higher exchange rates.
If you require assistance when you send money to Paymaya accounts, you can contact our 24/7 bilingual customer support team.
For more information about Paymaya, visit paymaya.com.