How to send money to GCash from the UK
The use of digital wallets in the Philippines is now on the rise, with more and more providers offering different services that match the lifestyle of Filipinos. A digital wallet, also known as an e-wallet, is an electronic prepaid account that you can use to store money and pay for transactions.
In 2018, it was found that 66% of Filipinos did not have a bank account, so they did not have access to debit cards, credit cards, online banking and other financial services.
With the help of e-wallets, unbanked Filipinos can now save money, do online shopping, and make cashless payments using a digital account.
Of the many new e-wallet players in the Philippines, one of the most popular ones that revolutionised the mobile financial services sector in the country is Globe GCash.
How does GCash work
GCash is a digital wallet which can be accessed through the GCash mobile app.
Unlike other e-wallets, you don’t need to have a bank account to use GCash. As long as you have a smartphone or tablet, and a Philippine mobile number, you can use GCash for online and in-store payments.
Similar to online banking, you can send and receive money on your GCash account. You can also pay for bills online, so you wouldn’t have to worry about missing any due dates and deadlines.
On top of these, you can use the GCash app to invest, book movies, withdraw or deposit cash, and top-up or borrow mobile phone credits (load).
To be able to use these services, all you need to do is create an account with GCash.
How to open GCash account
To open a GCash account, you would need a Philippine mobile number to get started. GCash used to be available only to Globe or TM network users. But now, individuals that use other network providers can sign up and create a GCash account.
There are different ways on how to create GCash account, including the following:
- Go to the GCash registration page.
- Enter your mobile number and click “Next”.
- A 6-digit authentication code will be sent to you by SMS. Enter the authentication code then click “Submit Code”.
- Fill out all the required information then submit.
- Set your 4-digit mobile pin (MPIN).
- You will then be directed to a page with a QR code, which you need to scan using your smartphone. Then, download the GCash mobile app.
- You can then start using the GCash app using the mobile number and MPIN you’ve used to register the account.
GCash mobile app
- Download the GCash mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Open the app and enter your mobile number.
- Provide the 6-digit authentication code that you will receive by text message. Then, click “Submit Code”.
- Review the terms and conditions, then fill out the required details on the registration form.
- Set up your 4-digit MPIN and your account is ready for use!
Over the phone using the *143# menu
- Dial *143# on your phone.
- Select the number that states “GCash” and click “Send”.
- Select the number that matches “Register” then click “Send”.
- Enter a 4-digit MPIN as well as your personal information.
- You will receive an SMS message that will confirm your registration is successful.
- Go to m.me/gcashofficial.
- On the messenger pop up, click “Get Started”.
- Under the “let’s get you started” message, click “Continue”.
- Create an account by entering your mobile number.
- Review and accept the “Terms & Conditions”.
- You will receive an SMS message stating that your account is ready. Select “Create PIN” then enter your chosen 4-digit pin twice.
- You will then receive a message that your GCash PIN has been generated.
If your loved ones in the Philippines are registered, you can send money to GCash in their accounts from the UK, Ireland, Germany, Gibraltar and the Netherlands using Kabayan Remit.
How to send money to GCash from the UK & Europe
Here’s how to top up GCash with Kabayan Remit:
Step 1: Register
- Download the Kabayan Remit mobile app (iOS or Android).
- Sign up and fill out the registration form with the required details.
- You will receive an email, which will lead you to a link where you can set a new password.
- Verify your profile by logging in to your account and tapping “Finish account setup”. Follow the instructions on the screen and your account is ready within minutes.
Step 2: Add beneficiary
- Once your account is verified, log in with the details you used to sign up, and go to “Beneficiaries”.
- Tap “Add beneficiary” on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose whether you’re sending to an “Individual” or a “Corporate” account, then click “Next”.
- Input your beneficiary’s personal and contact details, then skip the fields that ask for their bank information by clicking “Finish”.
Step 3: Top up GCash account
- Log in to your Kabayan Remit account and click “Send money”.
- Click the How do you want to send? dropdown button, then select “Mobile e-wallet top-up”.
- Under Mobile provider, select “Globe GCash”.
- Enter the mobile number of your GCash beneficiary.
- Select your preferred mode of payment under How do you want to pay?
- Input the amount you wish to transfer, then proceed to “Select beneficiary”.
- Select the GCash beneficiary you’ve created, then choose the reason for your transfer. Click “Review transaction”.
- Review the details of the transfer and click “Confirm & pay” when you’re ready to pay.
Please note that you can send a maximum of Php 50,000 for every transaction.
How will my beneficiary receive my GCash remittance
After paying for the transaction, your beneficiary will receive the GCash remittance in their account within an hour.
To avoid any delay with the remittance, please ensure that your beneficiary’s GCash account is fully verified.
It’s really quick and easy! Everything is done online, so you and your beneficiary won’t have to worry about any hassle.
Why send money to GCash
Sending money to a GCash account with Kabayan Remit is an excellent alternative to an online bank transfer, especially if your beneficiary does not have a bank account. All you need is their mobile number, and you’re good to go!
It’s as easy as sending an international wire transfer, but with much lower fees and higher exchange rates.
For GCash top-up related queries, get in touch with our customer support team 24/7, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
If you have any questions regarding GCash, visit gcash.com.